View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 10:43 AM
ahwu

Thank you all for the wonderful Birthday Wishes and the little sweet treats. I had a very nice lunch with my sister and dinner with some friends. Aside from that, just another quiet day at work.
A little about me:
I started quilting about 2 ½ years ago. I wanted to make my sister a 40[SUP]th[/SUP] Birthday Gift. I did not know anything about quilting, but went ahead and hand stitched and hand quilted a copy of Amish quilt I have seen in the book. It took many trips to the store. I did not get the right fabric, not enough of one color, cut it wrong and need more fabric and all sorts of mistakes. Anyway, I did not finish it in time for her big day, so I took her shopping instead. Since then I have sewn a few baby quilts and make a few midi bags.
Right now, I am working on another baby quilt (using the 2.5” squares). I have no kid, but have lots of friends keep having them. If you make one for one friend, the other one is expecting to have one too. If you make one for the first baby, would be hard not to make one for the new little sister/brother. I am much better at getting quilts finished before the due day (ok, I cheated, I make them smaller). I enjoyed making these quilts and love these babies.
My board name is just my initial. I wished I was more creative the day I signed up, but I was in the hurry to join the Quilting Board.
I have received sweets from the following wonderful: Jarenie, bjsmith57, mrs.sherbet, sewbizgirl, Karen G, maT, oneteappot, dottie dodge, cindyvb, Billie Jean, nls, Anoka Quilter, KathyM, Quilter day_by_day, trish b, WMUTeach, Jannie, barbarakibler, Daisy Dew, lstew2212, happylab, let's quilt, djmat, DoriDes, mamaskeeto, SheriR and Janice McC
Thank you so much, you make my Birthday very special!