View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 06:32 PM
katkat1946

OH MY GOODNESS! I had written to this board to ask about Hancock's of Paducah and Missouri Star Quilting - so glad I did. We just got home from a cross country trip and I was so lucky to have been able to stop at BOTH of these stores and BOTH were wonderful stops! Both towns have very definite charm and are definitely very different from each other. Enough can't be said about the wonderful things that are happening at MSQ and as a result to that little town. Just a few days after we were there, a new restaurant was opening right next door, too. And, lucky me, Jenny Doan was in the shop while I was there - PHOTO OP! She was so gracious. Since you asked about just MSQ I just want to be sure you know that they have a separate store where all the year's holiday fabrics are, separate site for classes etc and yet another where the long arm quilters are located. And if you're a museum goer, JC Penney was from this little town and there is a very nice museum attached to the library - all in easy walking distance. By all means, go there and have fun.