Old 04-03-2014, 09:51 PM
manicmike

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
I have both models as well and the 830 has electronic components in the speed control or foot control that the 530-2 doesn't. It makes for a smoother feeling machine and FMQ's a bit easier and better because of this (IMO). The 830 caught on better with quilters and although I do agree with you that the 530 is a great machine, I'd still pick the 830 over it.
Mine doesn't have "electronic" written on it and it's from 1972 (I have the receipt). I'd hope it has no electronics inside, because I'd rather stay self-sufficient. It did come with a darning hoop though, so certainly it seems to have been made with free motion as a feature. The manual that came with it is in Italian, too. The lady who owned it was Italian of course, but the receipt says she bought it in Melbourne. Doesn't make it any easier for me to read it though. Don't really want to learn Italian. Don't suppose anyone has a PDF manual too? They seem pretty rare on the 'net

EDIT: Just to make it clear, I want one in English, not Italian - amusing images popping into my head now