View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 10:02 AM
Cogito

Ok zzmom and other dear quilt friends. Remember all that fabric I bought and thought it was perfect? Well....I matched it to the center. So when I got home and started playing with it I just couldn't get it to look right. The outer borders had the rust, navy and chambray blues and my fabrics did not look good at all! So back to staring at my stash. Over, and over, and over. Do u ever do that when you are hungry? Repeatedly going back to the fridge hoping you will see something you missed the last 4 times you looked? Lol!
well it is extremely difficult to match these colors for me for some reason. I finally ended up using the tail end of a layer cake which was literally the only fabric I had that even came close. So I was very limited on what I could do. I had hoped when I got it all on, I could then add a wider, un-pieced border to finish it off. I just can't for the life of me find what would look right. So I have been looking at it for over a week, laid out on my floor, repeatedly trying fabrics that don't "cut it" and I have decided I just need to send it home. I would rather zzmom be able to add whatever she would like to "finish" it versus me slapping on a border that doesn't enhance it.
What do you think zz? Are you ok with that? Here is a photo of its current state.

Last edited by Cogito; 04-04-2014 at 10:04 AM.