View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 11:55 AM
Vridar

Default Inline Rheostat to Increase Resistance of Foot Controller

I'm rigging up a rheostat to have available for whatever purpose. But, again, I am thinking of placing it in series before a resistance speed controller to limit maximum speed. This one I'm working on has the power supply cord and two outlet box common to this type controller.The re-worked controller will control only the "motor" outlet unless I decide to rewire to control both outlets. Notice I had the old controller marked in the parts bin as N/G. I've tested it and believe it will work. I will remove the return spring under the foot lever so I can manually set it at a particular resistance. The screw on the duplex box is even present. ready to screw onto the underside of my work table. Voila![ATTACH=CONFIG]470078[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]470080[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]470079[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]470081[/ATTACH] Jim's Caveat - "Please DO NOT take anything Im saying here as gospil. AC can kill, and a qualified electrician can advise you. Also do research online." At the very least a 1.5 A fast blow fuse would be good" I agree, unless one knows about electricity, leave it to others who do.
Attached Thumbnails img_0362.jpg   img_0363.jpg   img_0364.jpg   img_0365.jpg  

Last edited by Vridar; 04-04-2014 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Jim's Caveat