View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 12:43 PM
TeresaA

Default Sundresses and hats for 6 month old

Hi,

I was prepared to make a quilt for my new great niece. I actually had the top finished and was deciding how to quilt it...

...but then....

...let's just say that so many people are members of the throw away society and I'd rather just keep the quilt.

So, I'm thinking I would like to make some floppy hats for the little girl and maybe a sun dress. I bought some very cute tossed Seuss fabric for the quilt backing and think maybe a sundress and matching floppy hat combination out of this fabric would be cute. Fabric has a white background, and would be light and airy for summer.

Baby girl is TALL, parents are 7' and 6'9" and the child is definitely their offspring...so I would probably need to make the sundress without a pattern. I have never made such a thing, but think it wouldn't be painfully difficult. I would need the mom to take measurements before I see them so I can get the proportions right.

Do any of you know of tutorials or have guidance on how to make a "custom" sun dress for a 6 month old, maybe with 9 month old height. And does anyone have a favorite pattern site for cute floppy sun hats? Oh fabric flower ideas might be nice too!

Or other ideas of things to make with Tossed Dr. Seuss would be welcome. Just nothing as substantial as a quilt .

Thanks!