View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 04:41 AM
Kris P

Kitty, I purchased the same machine (used) from the dealer in Champlin, MN. However, mine was 2 years ago from the original owner, Walt. I've been told that he did like to negotiate prices and really loved the interaction with the customers. When he passed away, his daughter took over, and it was a totally different story. She was all about the bottom line. The store has since changed hands again, and I have not idea how the new owner looks at negotiation. What I can tell you is that I love having a shop that is local for repairs, classes and the occasional supply.
I did a lot of research before purchasing and there is another sewing store nearby. When I started asking around, several people told me that they had purchased at that other store and wish they had purchased from the Champlin store instead, because of the customer service. Also, when your machine needs repairs or cleaning, it happens right there in the store. I hated the idea of my machine being sent off to another location with just a paper tag identifying it as mine.
Long story, short, second guessing your purchase will just make you crazy and suck the joy out of it. Close the door on doubt and move forward! Have a great day, Spring is coming!