View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 07:37 AM
juliea9967

Default Finally started sewing again

Don't know what the problem was, but for about a year I just gave up quilting and machine embroidery. Finally got started again when a friend said she was having a baby and I "wanted" to make him a quilt.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]470164[/ATTACH]
Found the pattern at Annie's. It's called Emma's Star II. It went together really well and I liked the end result, so when my sister called and said she was going to be a Great Grandma again I decided to make another, for a little girl baby.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]470165[/ATTACH]
Then I have a future wonderful daughter-in-law who was looking for a lap quilt so I decided to do the Take 5 pattern for her, with batiks. Oh how I love those batiks.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]470163[/ATTACH]
This is a real easy simple pattern but I like the way it works up.
Looks like I should have ironed before I took pictures. The quilts had been washed and then folded and put in boxes to ship before I realized I hadn't taken pictures.

Then my machine embroidery class decided they wanted to do one of Anita Gooddesigns machine embroidery/applique tile patterns. Had to work up a sample, and enjoyed it very much. This one is called Santa's Visit.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]470166[/ATTACH]
Love how it turned out, too.
Needless to say my sewing/machine embroidery mojo (or whatever you call it) is back and I am forever grateful. Sure hope I don't lose it again because I so enjoy doing this sort of stuff.
Attached Thumbnails eileenquilt.jpg   kadesquilt.jpg   noahsquilt.jpg   santasvisit.jpg