Old 04-05-2014, 09:55 PM
justflyingin

Originally Posted by Skratchie View Post
Exactly. One could also consider it an "upgrade" if someone decided they needed a feature their current machine doesn't support - say, embroidery. I don't consider that an "upgrade" myself.

And my ego is just fine, regardless of the machine I have sitting in my cabinet. Not sure why someone decided that a new machine equals a big ego but it was a rude and unnecessary comment.
I have to admit that I didn't think that it was rude--just an observation. Some people seem that way about a car--their self-worth is intrinsically tied to their car--how new/how expensive, etc.

That person just commented that hers wasn't tied to her machine. I didn't take it wrong--but rather, how, I think, she meant it.

Mine isn't tied to my sewing machine either, but when I got my Horizon, it did change my level of "fun" of sewing. I could now do so many things--it just felt like a "solid machine" and not a "hobby machine".

[My husband can do mechanic work with cheap Chinese tools purchased at Big Lots, but people who are mechanics by trade tend to prefer name brands like Snap-On and Mac. There is a reason.]

It was when I bought my Horizon that I joined this board and my output/creativity level expanded as I began having contact with other people who sewed from all over the world.