View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014, 06:32 AM
Mrs. SewNSew

Thank you. I seem to choose them order of what I know I CAN do, and then each one takes me a step further in learning! I found a machine yesterday I nicknamed Frankenstein. It's the worst of the bunch. It's an old 15, rusted, missing parts, no motor. That's the machine that will likely teach me the most! I wonder if I could get it running and convert to a hand-crank like yours? I have spare faceplates, back plates and a whole slew of needle plates. Who knows?

I'll read carefully through the tool tips. Not only could there be more tools there, but the idea that there are antiques that could end up in the dump at the end of the day haunts me. I checked the scissors I found yesterday and they are a Model A and would have been produced in the 1930's. Probably early in the 30's because they are marked "patent pending" and the patent was issued in 1934. It's items like these that I would hate to see end up in the dump. Either I would like them or I am sure others would miss out on real life history!
Attached Thumbnails singer-15-frankenstein.jpg