Old 04-06-2014, 07:56 AM
shimmer

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
Welcome Shimmer!!! I'm glad you were able to have that lovely machine!!! It is so exciting. Have you made it work yet? There is a lot of info on that thread Mark linked to - and do post a pic there, too. If you have questions feel free to post or pm. It looks very much like a Brother badged machine. Those are usually some of the best clones. It is up there with a Morse and an Atlas. Enjoy - the best thing you could do is to use that machine.

Brother sewing machine serial numbers are coded to indicate the manufacture date of the machine.
The letter and first number indicate the month and last digit of the year the machine was made.
Because the first number in the serial number could correspond to a year in any decade, you need help
from Brother International Corp., the machine's manufacturer, to determine when the machine
was made. You can submit an email request through the company's website.
You're so smart I can't get it threaded proper. It sounds awesome! Just have some threading issues. That's why I am trying to find a model number to see if I can get a diagram for threading it.

My hubby wants to call it Belle Aire....says it's the same color as his uncle's 57 Chevy