View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014, 02:20 PM
jcrow

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

It's funny how many quilters do NOT know about this board. I was taking a class on Buggy Barn quilts & I asked all the women if any of them belonged to The Quilting Board. Not a one. And no one knew who Jenny Doan was or Ricky Tims or Alex Alexander. I was shocked. I thought every quilter would check online & find a quilting forum to belong. And Ricky Tims & Alex have their magazine - you'd think at least one person would know about them. I'm just grateful I found this forum. I've seen other forums, but they don't compare to this site at all.

We have very knowledgeable people here & very compassionate people here. I need that to learn more about quilting & to commiserate with me when I'm down. Not one person wrote down the name of this site, either. They weren't interested. Funny to me. If someone mentioned something about quilting in a class & I could learn more, I'd have my pencil out & be writing as fast as I could. I guess we are all different.

But all of us on this forum have something in common - we love to chat with fellow quilters, love to learn new things, enjoy looking at pictures of others quilts, be able to ask any question (even if we think it's dumb), & have quilting friends. I have a great friend here on the board that writes me a pm every single day now for almost 2 years. The Quilting Board is a necessity for me. And probably all of you, also.

Last edited by jcrow; 04-06-2014 at 02:23 PM.