View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014, 03:50 PM
gale

Originally Posted by Sheilz View Post
My miele is 18 yrs old and has had one repair. Its a great machine and if I have to replace it I would do so with the same brand. Prior to buying this machine it was a case of new washers every second or third year as they just didn't last or the cost of repairs made it more cost effective to just buy a new one. I think it really is a case of paying for what you get. Though my machine cost a kings ransom it has more than paid for itself with barely a day of not being used, many days on all day especially when all five children were at home. Now it gets more rest though my youngest seems hellbent on producing enough washing to compensate for the absence of her siblings!
The problem is that they don't make washers the same way they did 18 yrs ago and what was a good brand back then may have been bought out by someone else and may not be a good brand anymore. I remember when Maytag was a go-to brand and then whirlpool bought them and now they're the same junk as other companies. And now that they have these water conservation rules in place traditional washers like what was available 18 yrs ago will no longer be made at all. Only high efficiency ones.