View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 04:03 AM
romanojg

I had this problem with my Kenmore/Janome. Every time I'd go over a bulky seam it'd skip. Yesterday I found a fix. On my foot to the machine there is a little black button on the side, well, if you push that little button in right before you go over the bulky and as you come off the bulky it should take care of itself. I was watching its so easy yesterday and that's what she did. I never knew what that little black button was for and this is the only problem I ever had with my Kenmore. I don't have the problem with my Viking because I can tell it what I'm sewing and it auto adjust itself.

As far as the machines from Costco, BJ's etc. Its not that they are getting 2nds for machines. They are the same machines sold elsewhere but normally the serial or model number will have an extra letter or number to it to show it was made to be sold at places like that. I found that out when buying my HP printer yrs ago. Its just that some machines have issues and some don't, like everything in life, including people. There are lovers and haters to all machines.

This weekend I was at the Anita Goodesign workshop and we had Brothers, which I've used in the past and had no problems. The one we were using was the Dreamweaver, ours kept breaking thread, no matter what the brand and the other on on the table did just fine. I still think that they are good machines its just that the one we were using had issues.

I love my Viking and have had no issues with it. There are things about the Brother that I'd love on my machine but then there are things on my machine that Brother doesn't have and I'd have a hard time doing without. Different strokes for different folks

Last edited by romanojg; 04-07-2014 at 04:07 AM.