Old 04-07-2014, 09:31 AM
urgodschild2

ok here goes. I have never taught anyone how to do this so bear with me. this is how I do it. It took me about three quilts to narrow it down to this technique and I am sure that i will keep tweeking it as I make more.

This is what the finished quilt looks like. I picked this one to show you because the quilting is not fancy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]470564[/ATTACH]

I put a row going across together or you could do it in columns. So the most you are dealing with is a 12 1/2 strip of fabric. If I am doing a design, I mark it with the Frixon pens that you just iron off when you are finished. They work great for me. On this quilt I did not need to mark anything until I got to the borders.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]470565[/ATTACH]So going across I just sewed inside each piece. I leave about an inch at the bottom so that I can attach the next row. Then I do the next row by itself. Then I attach the two rows by sewing tops back to back.
Then I turn the quilt over and by hand I cut off excess batting and material so that I have enough there to turn under to attach to each other. Then I hand sew across. I also will on some quilt use the machine to stitch in the ditch across where it is attached. I did that on this quilt.
Attached Thumbnails img_1057.jpg   img_1058.jpg