Old 04-07-2014, 09:38 AM
urgodschild2

Sorry about the blurry picture. Next step
[ATTACH=CONFIG]470566[/ATTACH]This is the back. don't know why it is showing red there because it is bright yellow.
Because I used the same material it is difficult to see the stitching across but you can see the machine work.
I repeat this process. As you get down to the last rows you are now getting heavy work but at least it wasn't heavy all the time. I only work on the row side so it is easier going through the machine.

when I am done. I add borders. Borders are easier sort of. Grin. I take the border material for the front and the backing and attache them to the quilt. Then I cut the batting and fix it to fit the border. I spray baste it down and then I quilt it. I am only working with the outside of the quilt so it is easier. I did put a feather pattern on this. I am practicing and learning how to do free motion quilting with m darning foot. When you use this foot it frees your material to move where ever you want it to go. The practice comes in being consistent in your stitching. I am not perfect on this yet. I know they tell you to practice on scraps but I have to practice on the real thing.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]470567[/ATTACH]Hope you can see it. I hope this helps all of you. I know some people do each square at a time and that was too much for me. Then someone here on the board said they do it by columns......so I decided why not. I did columns on my grandson's quilt because of the design I picked. I will look for a picture of that one and post it.
Attached Thumbnails img_1055.jpg   img_1056.jpg