View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 11:13 AM
Cogito

Default Look what followed me home this weekend

[ATTACH=CONFIG]470587[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]470588[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]470589[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]470591[/ATTACH]
I just love these old treadles, it's like sewing through butter. Ahhhhh...it came with nice box of accessories, 2 new Singer leather belts, etc. I put the belt on all by myself....for the very first time.
she was born February 1941. Which brings a question. I know there was a thread here in 2012 but I still am not clear since ya'll were talking about motorized. I don't believe this one ever was, but I sure would believe it was refurbished because of the telltale overspray of the Godzilla finish on the serial plate.

this next picture shows where I bypassed the "offset loop" sorry true name escapes me. I did that because it didn't appear to be functioning correctly and I was impatient to try her out. There is a spring there, but there is no tension to it and I don't really know how it's supposed to work. Help? I have another one just like this but with a 15-89 in it but it's kinda buried right now so can't compare.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

image.jpg   image.jpg