View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 04:17 PM
barnbum

Okay, since you're still researching, here's more I like about the Quest: the even feed foot is automatic. You can lift it up, but other wise it's always there. The 1/4" seam line is marked so clearly in many ways and on both sides. All other seams allowances are marked as well. I just finished two ragged with 1/2" and what a piece of cake! My quilts have never matched up as well! My first machine didn't have one at all, so I relied on a magnet to hold it, but it had to be taken off every time I changed the bobbin! So, you can see why I get so danged excited about this feature. The bobbin is easy to change and you don't have to unthread your machine to do it--it's separate. I love that there are two needle plates--one for quilting and one for everything else.

I'd suggest you go try all the machines you want before you decide. ON the day I had to choose, I drove all over the place. I tried Berninas--loved that machine, but the throat was shorter than my machine! I tried Janomes--loved them too. But, overall, I'm 100% happy (now) with my Babylock.

It's a hard decision... good luck!