View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 04:32 AM
hsquiltingmom

Default displaying quilts for sale at boutiques

Hi everyone,

I am going to be doing some boutiques in the near future. I will have crocheted doilies, pillow cases, quilts, receiving blankets, crocheted hot pads and dishcloth sets, placemats, and other items. I know with the info they sent out, I can not just have a table but need to do some shelving. Some of the boutiques my daughter and I will be in person, but some of them are set up like little stores, where they have one main check out area. These all the crafters take turns working a shift for security and such. They have done these for around 14 years, and most people I have talked to do pretty good. My question is how is the best way to display the quilts. One thought I had was to make a little bag for them with a plastic pocket which would hold a picture of the quilt and then list the size, and so that people can get a feel for the size, specify that it could be a baby quilt, lap quilt, picnic quilt, etc.

The first one we hope to be doing is to benefit one of our local NICU units. All the booth fees go to this cause and then if I want to I can donate a portion of sales. The 2nd one is one where it has the main check out, and goes from the Wednesday to Saturday before mothers day. I did see the post about making a PVC pipe hanger and I like that, but I need some other ideas as well.

Thanks