Old 04-08-2014, 07:21 AM
Kathy T.

Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
... I would much rather learn my machine inside and out then have to rely on a gadget to set my tension correctly...
I think that one difference may be a "visual" learner rather than a "tactile" learner. I could never get the top tension right by feeling how tight the thread should come thru the needle like my instructor could. My instructor would turn the tension dial but I could never tell whether she was turning it half-way, once around, twice? The Top Tension Pro gives me a visual number so that I can know what one spin of the dial relates to and what the setting should be when the stitching is perfect for that thread brand. Then I can keep a chart and set the tension dial for that brand right when I start out. I had a huge investment in my Nolting 24 Pro machine and was extremely frustrated with tension settings until I got both tensioners. I got the bobbin tension first - about a month after I got the machine. I tried for 4-months before getting the top tensioner. I am very happy now.