View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 01:14 PM
Sandrea

I own a Huskylock 1003 made by Husq., and a Babylock Evolution. I have to tell you gals that, although I respect the comments from those of you who love your various machines, I can't stay quiet about the Babylock Air Threading (self threading). I have to tell you I was employed by a Husqvarna Viking Dealer for many years and that being said I naturally bought a Huskylock 1003 top of the line at the time, with my empl. discount, which I never use. I also was Professionally trained to teach "New Owners Classes" on all the Viking models and several other brands that they carried. FIRST thing I was told when I was hired, was that I was NOT PERMITTED TO mention (in the classes I taught) that I also owned a Babylock Eclipse, self threading machine, at home (which I later traded up to the BL Evolution). I watched my students "Struggle" trying to learn to thread the other brands and the frustration they experienced with their new machines. All I can say is that it can be very challenging to thread them and the students eventually did learn to thread those machines but even after you learn how, it's still a little time consuming....whereas the Babylock with the Jet Air Threading system, you only have to slip the thread into a little hole and push a button and the thread goes "Sswooosshhh" in the twinkling of an eye and "IT"S DONE" (about 2 seconds) Oh I would not trade my Babylock for anything on the market!!!!! From my teaching experience I absolutely recommend the Babylock. Even the lower end models have the self threading so prices are pretty comparable to other sergers if you shop around. I would even take a chance on a used BL, they are made so well.