View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 07:10 PM
Cybrarian

Originally Posted by Lori S View Post
Its a beautiful quilt! As for the quilting... I would not do either I would do a wide echo stitch that runs down the middle of the light strips and then on the batik area would quilt a square on point going contrary to the square of the batiks creating a diamond , I would do this about half way to the center of that batik square.
If I really wanted to keep the darkest sashing from shifting at all I would stitch right down the center of the dark. Sometimes I find the narrowest sashings will shift a bit and not appear to be the straight line they are before quilting. Since its the contrast is so great and draws you eye to that portion... I would stitch that dark sashing.
This is what I was thinking too! Stitching down the center of the dark strips and in the white on either side will give a unique cornerstone effect where the lines cross at the block intersections. If one square on point isn't enough quilting for your batting requirements you could echo the shape. For the sashing stitching I would match the threads to the material colors or use monofilament. Your quilt is beautiful!