Old 04-09-2014, 03:58 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl View Post
This is very true about old software, which is why a lot of people are switching to floriani for lifelong upgradews, and no dongle(reader/writer box). If you need that for your embroidery machine the problem is your system is so outdated you will likely have to purchase new software. Companies only update software to work on specific OS for so long, and once microsoft stops supporting that OS more than likely there will be no further update for ones that ran on that OS. Before you buy anything if you are dependent on a card writer, I would see if there is a generic one that you could use and maybe look into floriani. If you are going to buy floriani software, I would do it at an event because it is discounted greatly. I just went to one and I have already invested into my software so didn't purchase, but if I had no software I would have been so willing to buy
I agree, I bought my 5D Pro at an event so it was greatly discounted. A few months later I went to a Floriani event and was intrigued by the software and loved the no upgrade fees. I like my 5D but to go to 5D its like a 1000, so that isn't happening. I told my teacher until she can teach me most of what 5D has to offer there is no reason to upgrade. I may eventually if I have extra money get the Floriani software to put on my pc as well. I work in the IT field and we are also trying to figure out what we are going to do with alot of XP pcs here at the hospital. Alot of the programs we use here havn't upgraded to 8 yet so we still have 7 on most of them, which I do like. They old software, most won't work on anything after XP and started off with Win 98, there isn't a 96. Alot of the newer software starting with Vista and maybe XP has a thing where it says it can run your software as if its running on the version it needs but of the few emb programs I've tried that with it doesn't work. I had retired my XP laptop and brought it back for this reason. The good thing is that HP is starting to bring back pc's with Win 7 on it because so many people have issues with 8. 8 now comes with a free upgrade to 8.1 which makes it easier to use, supposedly, I haven't used it so I'm not sure.