View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 05:31 AM
Country1

Our DGD also lives on a thoroughbred farm. I was raised on a farm, my DH's children were not. We have discussed many times how much a difference there is. Our DGD has enlightened her class more than once about "farm Life."
One such occasion, she was in 1st grade and when the teacher asked what they did over the weekend, she raised her hand and said " can you say placenta?" She and her mother arrived at the barn a little early to see the new foal and she asked what was on the baby. Wanting her to know the real names of things and not slang words, thus came the new word to her "placenta."
One more funny story I have to share, her Daddy and her took a mare to the stud barn for a visit. They stayed out side and waited to take the mare back to the other side of the farm. When our DD got home, she proudly told her mother that they had been to the stud barn. Our daughter not very happy asked her DH, asked why she was at the stud barn. Long story short, our DGD asked why they took the mares to see the Daddy horses. Then she, and her 5 yr old mind said "Oh, I know, the momma horses go and visit the daddy horses and tell them how the baby horses our doing." Of course, this to got shared with her class mates!
Life on a farm is alot different.