Old 04-09-2014, 10:27 AM
justflyingin

Default scrappy quilt top from recycled shirts and bedding... nr. 5 in series

Some of you know my quest. This year I want to make 10 nice quilts from recycled materials available to purchase here in Poland at reasonable prices within the reach of just about everyone I know. So, I put away my beautiful American purchased fabrics and began working on this project. This is nr. 5 in the series. (I haven't posted nr. 4 yet--hope to quilt it soon).

Last one I made seemed to lack something to me, so I really strove to make something with that bit of 'pizzaz' in it. I think I achieved that.

This is made completely from inexpensive recycled men's shirts purchased at local second-hand shops, stalls at the bazaar or hole-in-wall shops carrying used clothing, a couple of sheets (including leftovers from the other 3 finished quilts in this series) and a black duvet cover that was still in excellent condition and the color not at all washed out. The white is also a second-hand sheet.

The color placement was random, except for, of course, the black/white. My only rule was that I couldn't have exact colors side by side. I sewed it in strips.

This ended up being queen size--about 88" x 110".

[ATTACH=CONFIG]470892[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails nr.-5-experiment-quilt-top.jpg