View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 01:15 PM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Well I guess I'll tell you my bio and get it out of the way!

I am married to a wonderful man and we have three grown children. The oldest, a daughter, is married but no grandkids for us yet. We are waiting and hopeful. Second child, a son, will be getting engaged soon to a sweet girl and probably will be married a year from now. Third child, also a son, is a busy pilot, off pursuing his career.

I work only part-time at a fitness center, teaching Silver Sneaker classes. I teach general exercise, yoga, and water aerobics. LOVE it! I am home the rest of the time, to be available to hubby who is disabled. That's where the quilting comes in!

I made a few quilts for the kids when they were little, but didn't start quilting in earnest until a few years ago when a friend was diagnosed with breast cancer. I wanted to make her a prayer quilt to take to her chemo sessions, with scriptures on it to encourage her and feed her faith. It was such a rewarding experience that I have kept making quilts. I gave 10 or so last year as wedding gifts, and at least that many more childrens' quilts to charities. I also have an Etsy shop, hoping to sell a quilt or two now and again.

Currently I am working on a scrappy "Chunky Churn Dash" pattern by Bonnie Hunter, as well as the "Arkansas Crossroads" I am doing from these candy squares. I'm also cutting up shirts like crazy, preparing to make another shirt quilt or two. And I always have knitting and/or crochet projects going too!

I also design and write knitting patterns and just wrote my first crochet pattern which I sell in my Etsy shop. I'm knitting hubby a red cabled cap at the moment and just finished a pair of slippers for myself.

Barb asked us to mention what we are most proud of. Quiltwise, it would probably be the Bento Box quilt I made for an engaged couple last year, a special friend of the family: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...51-416283.html . Lifewise, I am most proud of my kids. They have all grown up into such fine young adults and I love and admire each one of them so much.

Thanks for listening to me rattle on...

Last edited by sewbizgirl; 04-09-2014 at 01:18 PM.