View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 06:01 AM
Bneighbor

He wants to sell you a Janome. Period. I have owned Brother/Babylock machines for 20 years. In fact I have owned every brand of machine, except Bernina (just never found a dealer I liked). Only one problem with any machine in my entire sew career (50 years), but had NOTHING to do with plastic parts. People need to get over this "plastic" problem. These machines are not the kind of plastic your Gatoraid bottles are made from, this is high impact/industrial plastic that is also used in the automobile you drive. Engineering has come a long way and every machine on the market has plastic in its construction. Now that said, you will find lemons in every brand. You will also find that every brand has both low end and high end machines, and their construction and "extras" will also be low/high end. You will not get the "toys" on the $300.00 machine that are on the $9000.00 machine, no matter what the brand. Same as buying the Yugo (remember that one?) and a Mercedes Benz. Buy your Brother/Babylock with confidence, or any machine you chose. I will NEVER purchase from a sales person who purposely puts down one brand over another, because he has an agenda. He wants to get your money, but he may not necessarily be there for you when you need help. Find a dealer you feel comfortable with. Ask questions and test drive the machine, bring your own fabrics to practice on. Enjoy the "new machine smell".