Thread: Inspiration
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 06:57 AM
zyxquilts

Originally Posted by imaquilter
Okay ladies (and men!) I sought out a forum today as I am experiencing a "quilting block". I am a stay at home mom now after working FOREVER and have all the time I need to quilt but, find myself napping instead with my chihuahua.

So, do all of you have any tips or ideas on how you dig up those creative juices and keep those projects rolling off the machine?

Please share, I'm in a quilting rut!
There's nothing wrong with napping! Like Yvonne said, sometimes that's what your body needs. I too get inspired looking at other people's quilts - online, at quilt shows, where ever!! Also, I am lucky enuf to belong to a guild that not only has an incredible show & tell at every month's meeting, but we also have workshops almost every month too. Many of them are put on by members and are very low cost - nothing like learning a new technique to get you going!
Here's a sample from a workshop called "Making Faces" by Ann Turley - isn't it a hoot & a kick-start?!!? I thought I had a pic of mine, "Wistful Wanda", but it must be on my home computer.
In any case, just relax & stop TRYING maybe....hey! Maybe you could make a chihuahua quilt - you have that model there! Good Luck!
sue

by Ann Turley, from her "Making Faces" workshop
[ATTACH=CONFIG]433[/ATTACH]

This was our 2005 Opportunity Quilt, designed by my friend Jean & I. We handed out paper-piecing patterns & fabric to the guild for the Pineapple blocks. The applique borders were designed done by Jessie H & Betty B & friends.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]64164[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-433.jpe   attachment-64159.jpe