View Single Post
Old 04-12-2014, 08:31 AM
LyndaOH

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
And as in Sylvia's bridal sampler...she had other people design/do the blocks then she puts her name to the book......
As a participant in making the blocks for the LUS book and coordinator of Jennifer Chiaverini's Sylvia's Bridal Sampler BOW group, I have to say that is simply incorrect. Jennifer designed the quilt. There were many of us involved in making blocks in different colorways for the various quilts that appear in the book. With as many books as she writes and her comprehensive research for each one it would be impossible for her to make that many quilts under the constraints of publishing deadlines. I would also like to mention that everyone who made a block or blocks was given credit in the books. I considered it an honor to be part of the project.

Each of these quilts can be used as a skill builder for quilters of all skill levels. I was a new quilter when I joined the SBS BOW group and improved my skills as I completed each block. If you are a new quilter I would suggest starting with the SBS quilt.

Anyone who wants to join us for the SBS BOW can PM me and I'll forward a link to the group.

Here's my SBS, completed in 2010:
Attached Thumbnails sylvia_and_louise-2.jpg