Old 04-12-2014, 05:42 PM
oksewglad
Power Poster

Thanks for sharing your blocks, w4me. Yes the blue is bright, but used judiciously it maybe the fabric that adds a spark in the overall look of the quilt. From what you have shared you are creating a well balanced quilt. 2 fun quilts for sure.

QB and I went on local shop hop yesterday. We started at 8:30, hit all the 9 shops. It was 7:30 when I drove into the yard. Picked up several FQ's. One shop had them for $1.50 and hit the mother lode with the $1 FQ's--20 FQ's later they are all washed up and ready to use. Also picked up a couple of yds of red for $4/yd and a blue paisley 2 yd piece @ $4.50/yd. Yes we were both bushed when we came home, but always a good time with lots of good chatter in between shops.

Have spent some time outside trying to clean up--a daunting task. DH and I planned where the new fence south of the house will be. I loose some lawn, but that's okay, I also loose some unmowable rocky hill that I don't have to landscape!

Going to go pet some fabric. Also bought BH 2nd leaders and enders book. Hope to get rid of some scraps with it. QB and I just may start cutting fabric and then work together to make some scrappy quilt tops.

Night all.