View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 07:15 AM
Pzazz

Originally Posted by dglvr
I guess my resolution or (goal) is to get my ufo's done. I am always starting stuff for me then put it aside to make something for someone else. I put a BQ quilt away to make my mom a quilt 2 years ago. Its still staring at me in the same tote I put it in and it hasn't moved. I better dust it off. I have several of those actually. So I guess my goal is to get back on the for me stuff.
So nice to know I am not the only one that does this!!! When we bought this house 6 1/2 years ago, I bought fabric to make a quilt for our bed, with matching curtains. Yup, you guessed it....it is still waiting. :( On the up side, I have done a queen size for my parents, 2 doubles, lots of small projects, AND went back to work full time. (Which really cuts into "me" time!!!!)

Current project is a very large quilt for my step-son and his new wife. It is sandwiched and ready to go. The plan is SID around the large blocks, then DH and I will hand quilt hearts in the centre of each block. My goal on this one is to have it finished by their first anniversary in May.
Smaller projects planned...I have LOTS of 5" squares from swaps here, as well as some I have picked up from Missouri "deal of the day". Lots of those will be made up into grandbaby quilts, and charity quilts.

OK...so much for not making any NY's resolutions!!! LOL