Old 04-12-2014, 07:30 PM
mirabelle

DH and I didn't get a lot of sleep last night, we had Cyclone Ita cross the coast about 4 hours north of us and she has tracked south hugging the coast line ever since. DH got up around 1am to check the house and I woke up about 3am to the sound of howling wind and rain. At 3.30 this morning we were drinking coffee and watching tv. We have had around 10 inches of rain in the last 2 days and our little town has flooded.

DS rang me just before lunch to tell me that his street was flooding and he was moving his car to higher ground. So I went for a drive.

The first photo is of his street (sorry it is so dark) you can just see his units on the left, he lives in the last unit. I took the photo standing at the back of my car so just turned around and took a photo of his car. It will stay there until the water recedes.

The last photo is of the park in the centre of town and the Northbound Land of the Highway, rowboat anyone. The Southbound Land is the same. The highway is closed north and south of town, so we are hoping for no more rain.
Attached Thumbnails davidson-street.jpg   nbs-car.jpg   northbound-lane.jpg