View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 04:15 AM
Buckeye Rose

Originally Posted by Jerseyrayne View Post
I agree, you have to read the labels, no matter where you buy your fabrics. I was a Department manager for the Fabrics and Crafts Dept. at Wal Mart for almost 10 years, and was told I had the best dept. on the East Coast. I was the only one I know of that could order fabric other than what was company ordered. That is a myth about Wal Mart's fabrics being 2nds, Fabric companys do not use the copyrighted prints on different qualities of fabric. Their main fabric modular is lst quality, but they do order the other cuts for the sale bins. The other problem about the fabrics being mixed on the shelves is not always the fault of the employees, if a customer decided not to buy a fabric, they would put the bolt anywhere. I am retired now, and I am sorry if this is so long, but I sometimes take it personal, because I was so proud of my dept. I am sorry you had that problem, and actually you are lucky they gave you a credit, because they didn't have to do that. Always check the bolts no matter where you buy. Good Luck and Have a better day.
Thank you for saying what I have been thinking for years.....Walmart fabrics are not all junk. My Walmart dept manager orders lots of great fabrics, including my beloved Ohio State Buckeyes fabric. Yes, there are sale bins with bolts of "undetermined content", but you can find that anywhere. Yes, some of their fabrics are junk, but you can also find junk at LQS. It is entirely up to you, the consumer, to find the best deals and quality. Don't blame Walmart for misplaced bolts of fabric....blame your fellow shoppers who change their minds and drop things anywhere instead of replacing them where they picked them up.