View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 07:50 AM
mpspeedy2

A lot depends on what you intend to use the embroidery on. I have used both of my embroidery machines to embroider designs on T shirts and or sweat shirts to make them special for little money. As a full chested woman I have dribbled a lot of stains on my chest. Being able to embroider a design over the stain has saved many a perfectly good blouse or shirt. I have made a queen size quilt for my own bed made of squares each with a different embroidered design in the middle. A plain denim shirt turns into something special with a little embroidery. Over the years I have decorated many a clothing item for myself, my children and grandchildren. Start small and see if you really want to do this embroidery thing. If you find your present machine is not enough for you, a trade up may be possible. Over the years I have invested a small fortune in embroidery designs that I rarely if ever use or used. The ones that came preloaded in the machines got the most use. I also indulged in a small fortune's worth of embroidery thread. In the last few years I discovered that multi colored or multi shaded thread makes great designs without having to constantly change threads. The older I get the quicker and easier I like everything. Play with your machine and see if you are really interested in using it a lot before you worry about upgrading.