Old 04-13-2014, 03:40 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Default Miss Kitty ... an 8" block grows up to a wall hanging!

A bit of fun and whimsy here!
Please meet Miss Kitty who has come to live in my kitchen!

A few weeks ago, a friend wanted me to teach her how to PP, including to make a kitty for her contribution to a group effort chemo quilt for a friend. Tall order as a Newbie PP'er! So after two practice Square-In-A-Square blocks, we didn't waste anytime and moved right onto her kitty. As she worked away, I made one too, with no plans as to what I would do with it. Then I thought ... a small wall hanging would fit in a spot in my kitchen.

Miss Kitty started life as an 8" block. Her body fur is a metallic and the facial is a batik. I added more of the background fabric to get the larger centre piece. I added a narrow border of some of her fur fabric. Then an 1/8" flange. Finishing it off is an over sized binding in the same fabric as the shelf that Miss Kitty is sleeping on. It finished at about 15"x18".

ENJOY!!!
(the quilt really is straight and square ... some day I will learn to take pics to prove that! )
[ATTACH=CONFIG]471524[/ATTACH]

A little closer look ... I kept the quilting simple with outline/SITD and a little detail on the ears and tail. The background is a diamond cross-hatch. A little embroidery embellishment for the nose, eyes and whiskers. After all, every little kitty needs a little bling!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]471525[/ATTACH]

Attached Thumbnails misskitty-4-.jpg   misskitty-7-.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltE; 04-13-2014 at 03:43 PM.