View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 05:19 PM
Sunflowerzz

Originally Posted by cathyvv View Post
One thing I learned is that my pillows must be tossed in the dryer at high temp for about 1/2 hour every month or so to kill the dust mites. If I don't. then I get the same symptoms. That is true no matter what your pillow is made from.

Like you, I can't use feather pillows because of allergies.
Thanks for that info. I read the same thing last night so I will definitely remember to do that.

Originally Posted by CindyA View Post
I tried "My Pillow" and hated it. My mom, sisters, and 2 BILs love it.

I have lots of allergies, too, Lorraine. My oldest son does, as well. Look at AllergyControl.com I've never bought their pillows, but I have purchased the pillow coverings, laundry detergent (which I use mostly for bed linens), and a few other things from them and have been happy. I just placed an order on Friday and they expect it to be at my house by Tues or Wed. Good luck!!
Thank you for that info. I will check it out

Originally Posted by janjj View Post
I bought what is called "My Pillow" made in USA perhaps google it and see what they are made of. I love mine.
It is made from three different foams and the website is not forthcoming with the materials used. I avoid foam pillows.
Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
Being that you so many allergies to things that most pillows are made of perhaps you should just sleep flat on the mattress...no pillow at all. Or how about making a wedge pillow......
I could NEVER sleep flat w/o a pillow, Cotton works well for me, it was just a matter of finding pillows that had both the insides and outsides in 100% cotton, made in the USA with USA grown cotton. I bought four pillows today and can't wait for them to arrive. I took about 8 hours really searching around on the web to find them, the I always read all of the reviews. I always ask on my forums because nine times out of ten other people have the same issues and have some experience and helpful answers

Last edited by Sunflowerzz; 04-13-2014 at 05:24 PM.