View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 05:29 AM
justflyingin

Default It's going in my carry on!

I finished this one a few minutes ago. Still have to make a label but my (identical twin) sister commissioned me to make a quilt for a camp in NC (The Anchorage) which is going to have a Ladies' Retreat this fall. This will be a door prize, so one of the ladies who attends will win it.

I asked her for pics of what she wanted. She and the lady in charge of the retreat decided on this pattern. I found the fabrics as best as I could from my stash to match the picture and came up with this.

I posted the top a while ago, but just finished the quilting today. This seems the quintessential of all "traditional" quilts, as it is only 5" squares on point with 1.5" sashing and cornerstones, but amazingly enough with enough white in there it has a bit of a modern look. So I straight line quilted it. It has a slightly puffy look which I like for this quilt.

I hope she is pleased.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]471581[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]471582[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]471583[/ATTACH]

I would like to wash it once I'm in the states (we head back in early May for a graduation from college - DD#1, and wedding, DS#2), but I want to use that stuff that stabilizes the color which I can get there. This one will travel with me in my carry on.
Attached Thumbnails rachaels-quilt.jpg   rachaels-nr.-3.jpg   rachaels-nr.-4.jpg  

Last edited by justflyingin; 04-14-2014 at 05:40 AM.