Old 04-14-2014, 10:21 AM
Groovy Pieces

Angry 'Bummer' News . . . . Machine Brokedown. . . .

Hello Quilting Friends. . . .GP here . . . My machine has seen better days. I've PM'd our leader of my plight, so now, I'm sharing with all of you what's going on.

Hey There My Friend. . . I was just about to post my 'bummer' news. I don't like to make a ruckus until I have received the final verdict.

I just found out that my machine has a serious case of 'pneumonia' & has to be 'hospitalized.'

A week ago, I noticed my seams had loops in them; and as it got worst, I monkeyed with the tension & it seemed to get better with the higher settings. Well, my machine goes from o.1 to 8.0, & the 5th row (that only has one loop in it) is set at 8.0 (I can't go any higher & it's not getting any better) . I took a picture & e-mailed to my LQS where I purchased the machine & they told me to bring it in of Thursday the 10th & the repairman would be able to put a 'band-aid' on it until after the swap (I told them I needed my machine to finish my commitment to the 'Boom'. I received a message yesterday at 1621hrs that I need some part that has to travel from out of state & will take a few weeks to get here(back ordered. . . hhmmmm).

Enclosed is a picture of what's going on with my seams.

I have a plan with a good friend on Friday & Saturday afternoon to finish the 4 blocks I have left.
KEEP IN MIND THAT I WORK 3RD SHIFT & MY DAYS ARE OPPOSITE YOURS. My weekend is Thursday, Friday, Saturday & I OWN ONLY ONE SEWING MACHINE (after this incident, I shall look into buying a back-up). Concession had to be made to use someone else's machine on their time. I WILL HAVE THE BLOCKS MAILED OUT ON SATURDAY, 19 APRIL 14, NO LATER THAN MONDAY, 21 APRIL 14.

I really thought I would get it back this morning, sew the last 4 between today & tomorrow, be able to mail by 12 noon on 15 April 14 - NOT THE CASE.

My utmost apologies to the you and the group. I will post this note & the picture to the group to let them know & see what my machine is doing.

WOOOHOOO . . . I am typing this note at 1339 hrs EST & the LQS owner just called & told me to come & get a loaner; the person that helped me was not authorized to check out a loaner. I will get it in the morning. I go to bed at 2PM (I'm late for good cause); I have to get some sleep & get ready for work tonight. I will get the machine & be able to mail on Saturday, 19 April 14 by 1500 hrs. I am sssssooooo relieved with this news as I hope you all will be.

Looking back, I should have told the group sooner, but I had thought the repairman (who is only in the LQS on Tuesdays & Thursdays) would make some magic & I wouldn't have to post this note.

My sincere apologies for this mishap & hope you all don't think too bad of me. I've learned quite a lot on this trip & have been steered to Delaware Quilts for some nice quilt blocks. . . . GP

The first line is what's happening at machine default setting (4.0) & the 5th line is at 8.0 (the highest setting)

I'm bummed out ! ! ! ! I make all my deadlines. I hate that I am holding up the group. I ask for your forgiveness & consideration on this matter. I will mail on 19 April 14 at 1500hrs (maybe sooner) . . . GP
Attached Thumbnails 100_0340.jpg