View Single Post
Old 04-15-2014, 09:23 AM
Elisabrat

ok I am back. I am sorry there is so much discussion over something so silly. Some fabrics shrink more than others. Period. There ended that trouble didn't I? NO? well I tried. I have a bit of shrinkage though its not usually 3 percent unless I use walmart fabric then omg it can be as much as 5 percent. I also prefer to dry clean my quilts. I put a lot of time and energy into making them and just tossing them in the machine is not ok with me. Thus limited or no shrinkage at all. With a childs quilt I figure let it shrink. It gets all nice and a little bit scrunchied up and that is ok with me. Its ok with the little kids too. Especially since two years later they want something NEW. sigh.. with something so beautiful such as a full king sized quilt why not spend a bit more and do it right? or accept that sometimes some things shrink and its ok. TADA! no? sigh I tried.

I love the quilt with the red/gold/green border. Its a little less bright than the cream added. I would not add lots of light cream no way no how but that is just my opinion. See how right they were? we all love something different. I stills say just add your border as best you see fit. If you THINK it needs a border then add a border. If someone else says do it.. take it with a grain of salt. They wont be looking at it for eternity you will. And truthfully we all love something completely different. What works for one person being all modern and jiffy might just horrify someone who loves traditional and formal. Do you love the same things? do you love everthing the same? probably not. Hence why Jan and I offer TWO different borders and say if you don't like them do one you do love! its OK! think that eternity border is really quiet lovely if you have a quilt that can take it and you don't mind slow and steady wins the race. if you do then perhaps you want another border. I love it! just not enough to start all over for the same quilt on. So plan B is in place. In theory. Havent started it yet YIKES. but I do have 20 beautiful blocks lol to show you and promise to have a head start on the next one to show you also. Hey its a three block month around here! yippee! (sorta).