View Single Post
Old 04-15-2014, 11:45 AM
brandeesmom

Default This Singer is so special to me

My Grandmother taught me to sew on her sewing machine when I was a little girl. Whenever my mom took me to visit my grandmother I would end up playing on her sewing machine. When she passed away when I was about 12 yrs old, my mother asked me if I wanted her sewing machine. I was very sad to have lost my grandmother, but she taught me to sew on her machine and yes I wanted to have her machine. So we took the machine home and my mom put it in our basement and it sat there until I got married. Then I became a mom to a beautiful baby girl.....well I need my sewing machine now because I wanted to make my baby everything under the sun, so hubby brought it home to me and I sewed on that machine continuously even after 2 more baby girls arrived and until they entered school. A neighbor felt bad for me and offered me an electric old "White" sewing machine, she felt I needed a more modern machine so I wouldn't have to work so hard. I did take the neighbors machine, but never fell out of love for my grandmothers machine. It sits to this day in my foyer and I can look at it everyday and remember the fun I had with my first machine.

It is a Singer 27 SN# B992314. It has the puzzle box full of attachments. Here are a couple of pictures....the red drawer handles have always been there, but I don't think they are original to the machine.

What can you tell me about my machine?[ATTACH=CONFIG]471767[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]471768[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]471769[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]471770[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]471771[/ATTACH]
What can you tell me about my old machine, it does sew beautifully
Attached Thumbnails dscn0081.jpg   dscn0083.jpg   dscn0089.jpg   dscn0086.jpg   dscn0088.jpg