Old 04-15-2014, 12:41 PM
Bella Biscuit

Default Pfaff wiring question; some advice appreciated

Hi all, i hope someone can help. I recently bought a vintage Pfaff 332 and it arrived looking as scrumpcious as Id hoped. Unfortunately when I plugged it in it blew my socket and tripped out my electrics. The machine cords had apparently been brought up to spec by the seller so I asked an electrician to check my house electrics. To cut a long story short, it turns out that it is merely a matter of incompatability. My house electrics are brand new (renovation) and very sensitive as per the most modern code. This means that the machine is essentially too 'meaty' and powerful for my house! It has been tried in various rooms and on various circuits. I am not conversant with electrics and, as i have young children around all the time, cannot risk getting an electric shock (the first thing the children would do if i got shocked would be to try to help or comfort me). the electrician feels I should return the machine, but i just thought Id ask if any of you have experienced this incompatibility?