View Single Post
Old 04-15-2014, 06:26 PM
VickiM

Default New friend & new runner...

Well, I finally did it. I have had my Janome 9000 since 1999. Decided to trade it in for a Viking Sapphire 930. I loved my Janome but needed more space to the right & this had it. For a great price with the trade in. We do "strip party" at my quilt guild every month. That's where you bring in 2 1/2" strips, they all go into a bag, one is drawn, & that's the winner of all. Well, I won last month. The theme was greens, but one person threw in the batik blue & white/white strips. So I grabbed those & added some scraps from my batiks & some others & made this as a first project on the Sapphire. Sews beautifully. Love the 10" on the right of the needle! Now I have Janome (3) & Viking (2)...I'm a happy camper!
1. Pic of Sapphire 930 2. Scrap strips of 4-patch is what started this. 3. End project--table runner, not quilted yet.
I have started on a purse with some more of the strips I won (green) & will post when done. I still have enough strips left for several other project to come in the future.

Do any of you have this machine? If so, how do you like it? Are there any "quirks" I need to know about it? I will not get much use of it for a couple months as I will mostly be out of state till June. But am looking forward to getting acquainted with this machine.
Attached Thumbnails viking-sapphire-930.jpg   strip-party-win-colors-4-patch-rest-runner-all-scraps-stash.jpg   scrap-runner-sapphire-try-out.jpg  

Last edited by VickiM; 04-15-2014 at 06:33 PM.