Old 04-16-2014, 09:08 PM
ocydroma

Default Newbies-Please don't make the same mistake.....

that I did. While making a stash, I purchased several jelly rolls because it was suggested that they are great for beginners and lots of patterns. This part is very true.Since I started with nothing, I decided to make use of my hobby lobby coupons and buy some jelly rolls from there to practice with. I had also purchased Moda, Robert Kaufmann and such (from LQS) so when I figured out what I was doing I had quality JR to use. Tonight I have been working on a jelly roll tutorial found on you tube. After I started sewing, I realized that not all the strips were 2 1/2" wide. Some were 2' a couple less. I was very upset and disappointed. But I'm going to take this as a challenge to see if I can still make this work.

I totally understand wanting to use those 40% and the rarely 50% off coupons but don't use them on "no name" pre cuts. If I can't figure out how to make this work, I will have lost money. I know things can get expensive but what I have learned so far is don't scrimp on fabric, thread and cutting items(rotary, scissors, ect).

I hope I can save somebody some money and frustration.