Thread: Hexies
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 06:35 AM
Geri B

Originally Posted by willowwind View Post
The 31 days of hexies from scraps sounds like a good idea ( from the link above). I just might try it.

Where is this 31 days of hexies? I could not find it. I have done one GFG, still to be quilted.....I I used freezer paper and a "window" pattern the size I wanted......cut the freezer paper inti strips about 1inch wider, drew one hexie on end, accordion folded it, stapled in center of hexie and with scissors cut out those hexies.......cut strip of fab about same size, removed staple and ironed on those hexies onto back of fab., cut w/ruler and rotary cutter 1/4from drawn pattern....then took the batch to the sewing machine and folded onto freezer paper pattern, basted w/basting stitch around each dragging thread from one hex to the next until I had what was one flower, cut and did another.....sounds like a lot of work but really it went fast and I then had bunches of flowers to take wherever........removed basting threads and paper after all done...was very satisfying knowing that was over!

Recently bought a whole box of precut hexies, so I guess I am ready for another! Got to buy some freezer paper!