Old 04-17-2014, 03:47 PM
Homemother

Default We NEED spring! Made a spring wall hanging.

I've been wanting to make a spring wall hanging for a while now, so finally I did. The latest blast of cold weather was the catalyst for this project. I searched the internet then searched my computer files for a spring wall hanging. I finally found this pretty design from Country Junktion. I am color challenged and the purple flowers were lost against the dark green. I did some outlining with yellow to brighten them. I'm thinking of adding a little more. What do you think? (Can't believe I'm letting you have a close up of my FMQ! It's a little shaky.)

www.countryjunktion.com

Everything was square until I did the background quilting. Somehow the bottom of was skewed to the right. It was so bad that I fussy cut flowers from the border fabric and sewed them onto both the bottom corners. If you look closely, you can see the seams bending to the right where the blue meets the green. It's a little hard to tell unless you are close up to it. Now it looks like there are lovely bushes in the foreground. Disaster turned into treasure!

BTW: I saw a quote saying, "I would have made more of an effort to enjoy spring if I had known it was going to last only 3 days!"
Attached Thumbnails 004.jpg   005.jpg   006.jpg