Old 04-17-2014, 07:28 PM
carslo

Default A few more quilts - Spring Fling, Twisted 4 patch, and a variation on Yellow Brick Rd

Spring Fling is from Better Homes and Gardens Patchwork and Quilting earlier this year. My motto is if you buy a magazine or ,subscribe; in my case you need to make a quilt from one of the offerings in the magazine. This quilt is hanging over the fireplace for the month of April - maybe May too.
A quilter on the QB named Ranger mentioned the Twisted Four Patch and I finally got around to making it. I had purchased the fabric online for $1.00 a yard and it is super nice RJR Fabric. Now I have a fireplace quilt for the month of June or until a baby girl is born Funny, it was on the blog of a lady in New Westminster, BC Canada - the town right next to where I lived in Canada.
The variation on the Yellow Brick Road quilt in black, "Grinch" green, red and white is a bit mixed up - as I began confused at one point, and cut some 1/2 yards wrong as I was following the directions for fat quarters. No worries it still worked out fine in the end.
Attached Thumbnails full-spring.jpg   close-spring.jpg   twisted-4-patch-large.jpg   twisted-four-patch-close.jpg   variation-yellow-brick-raod-far.jpg  

variation-yellow-brick-road-close.jpg