View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 08:36 PM
irishrose

mateoh, no, she didn't stay the next day. She's home with her oldest daughter staying with her and the younger one available, too. Each one went to joint camp with her for one session so they'd know how to help her. Her next younger sister will be here Sunday to spend a week with her. C has had two successful knee replacements so that's not all bad. They shared a bedroom for many years as children - until they were teenagers - so they enjoy a chance to stay together. They are crazy together, but laughter is good medicine, so that's to the good. I will the runner. C is recovering from extensive foot surgery, but that's going well this time, too. The house will have C's knee wheely thing and K's walker. Good thing it's one level with a very open floor plan. Rehab unit??

Wow, I had a meeting today, then a massage therapy session which is a combo of working on my torn rotator cuff and myofascial work for the fibromyalgia. I stayed awake long enough to get my GS home from the Y and then slept for nearly 5 hours. What did you do to me, Jason? Of course, a six hour quilting session yesterday didn't help. The members of the worship committee at church must not be quilters and not understand how many hours in a handmade quilt. I finally have one other sewer there which helped (not her fault this was her first session - her MIL was very ill and has now passed). She built a pretty back while a worked on the front. It's not symmetrical, so it's a trip. Luckily, I had a ripper on board - she won't sew, but she does a good job unsewing. Also a presser.

I don't think I had a meal today - just many snacks. Maybe I had better start using myfitnesspal tomorrow. If you have to record it, you eat better. Have you ever checked the carbs on bottled smoothies? Odwalla Mango Tango fruit smoothie with no sugar or sugar substitute has 64 gram of carbs. I will use the ones I purchased recently up slowly and take them off my future lists. Half a bottle will be plenty of carbs for one meal.

I had a long phone call with my ortho's PA today. I agreed to let him clip the Achilles tendon when he rebuilds the front of my foot in June. I'm confident he knows what he's doing, I just had some questions as that part came as a surprise. Now to get the house and garden done so I can be a lady of leisure this summer. The section of the kitchen that needs a second coat was hard on my shoulder, but it has to be done, so there's nothing to do but do it. I found out my friend who works for me is no painter. I had to do the ceiling myself after he tried twice. Wallpapering the soffits with fabric is going to be interesting, too. I will call John for a lot of outside work, but in my experience men are not good weeders - can't tell the difference between a baby flower and a weed.

Time to go sort a cardboard box of sewing 'stuff' that was pushed into another room when we were rushing to put the new floor in. I hate cardboard - it looks like moving day. That's one thing I can do before I go sleep some more. I can't walk the dogs at midnight. Living one block from the Manistee Nat'l Forest means I share my land with bears, coyotes and such. I walked the furgirls about 9:30 last night and something had Lily on high alert. She kept looking toward the woods. Yes, I have met a bear and a coyote - on separate occasions, of course.

Have a good night, y'all.

Last edited by irishrose; 04-17-2014 at 08:39 PM.