View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 07:46 AM
lauriejo

I could not do a year of no sugar. Since I was forced to give up all the foods I love when I went gluten free, I absolutely refuse to give up my Pepsi. A girl needs at least one vice! Now it might be interesting to try to cut down on all the other added sugars, and I already try to avoid all artificial sweetners.

I think I would be hesitant too about letting a doc clip a tendon, that sounds pretty scary. Sometimes it is so hard to trust the doctors. Usually it is the right thing to do, but I have regretted it a couple of times. I do have to say that the times I've really regretted trusting the doctor over my own instincts were when I was young and my parents had the final say. They believed that doctors could do no wrong. I have changed docs more than once when it didn't "feel right". It is so important to ask questions, and make them explain everything until you are sure you are doing the right thing. It's your body after all!

meanmom I think manufacturer's are penny wise and pound foolish, as grandma used to say. It would have been cheaper for them to replace the stove when the first repair didn't work instead of repeated service calls! It also might have saved them a customer since I don't think my next stove will be a Samsung! Do you have a backup sewing machine to help with the withdrawal symptoms? I know my 401 is my favorite, but if necessary I do have others I can use. I just realized I never got your address! I have the FQs all picked out, and kept wondering why they were sitting on my desk lol.

My weight went the wrong direction this month. Apparently the two weeks of tossing my cookies last month resulted in only a temporary weight loss. Sigh, I have gained back five of those pounds. Still less than the first of the year, so that is good.