Thread: Hexies
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 12:22 PM
scrappingfaye58

Originally Posted by Chaney Ranch View Post
For those of you who are working with the hexies - do you use paper pieces for the base or card stock in Hexie punched shapes? I'm probably not making myself clear, but I've read so many different methods of achieving the end result: Bonnie Hunter and others use a paper punch similar to those used by scrap bookers, some duplicate Hexie grids onto regular copy paper, some have plastic Hexie discs which pop out of the completed Hexie for reuse, and Accuquilt now has two different dies for hexies - one of which cuts both the paper pattern and the slightly larger fabric shape. I realize that in the end it's the same results, but I'm interested in what Y'ALL use. Thanks
I am fortunate enough to work in a high school with a "die cut room" -- I use freezer paper and cut out 1" hexies. I actually bought some 3 ring binder dividers this past week and cut them into hexies to use. I tried them, they are heat resistant on the fabric side of the hexie, but will melt if the iron touches them. I want to try to make a sample "flower" and see if they turn out the same size before I convert my whole quilt to them, but it was something that someone suggested, and I figured it was wortht a try!