View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 12:52 PM
Rose_P

Default Food Sealer Deviled Egg Method

Since many of us will be making deviled eggs at Easter time, I thought I'd share this little hint that works well for me. The idea of mixing the ingredients in a plastic bag and then squeezing them out of a cut corner isn't new, but every bag I tried before now has had a tendency to rupture out the sides. If you have a food sealer, those bags can take a beating. I just put the egg yolks and all the rest of the ingredients into one and seal it (no vacuum, but squeeze out most of the air before you seal). You can then smash it all you want, or roll it back and forth with a rolling pin or can of beans or whatever, and when it's evenly mixed, carefully cut off a corner. The kids can help with the smashing, and there's almost no risk of a mess. At this point it might be necessary to trim any excess plastic off the edges near your opening. You can also try cutting points in the opening to get a star like effect, but I haven't mastered that technique yet. Then you can fill your eggs and toss the bag. Very efficient.

Happy Easter, everyone!